My Piano Journey
I started learning piano in 2004. First, I was not that interested. I learned until 2007, and then stopped for a while. I restarted in 2011. Then, I started enjoying playing the piano. Now, it is one of my favorite activities of the day. I have teachers in U. S and in India. Thank You to Ms. Lois and Mr. Vinodh for encouraging and supporting me!
View my piano journey here.
Lois Uscher:Piano Teacher: Lois has been my piano teacher for over 10 years. She encouraged me to play in the community.
Ananth Raghunandan My first public performance was at my brother's wedding in 2016. In 2018, I started studying for grade level exams from Trinity College, London.
Aneesh Sherry wedding August 2016: Lois helped me choose the songs and to practice them. She helped me figure out how to play them on a keyboard.
1. Sarabande by Hayden
2. Serenade by Franze Schubert
3. First Romance by Melody Bober
4. Remember Autumn by Melody Bober
5. Folk Song by Grieg
6. The Prayer Song by Carole Bayer Sager and David Foster
February 2017: Lois encouraged me to play at a senior center in Sunrise. I liked the way she announced the songs and encouraged the audience to participate
1. God Bless America
2. Horsemen Song by Schumann
3. Mazurka by Chopin
4. Solfeggietto by Chopin
5. Invention No. 8 by Bach
6. Chopin Nocturne No. 9
Cantor Center Program 10-13-2017: After this program, the Cantor Center staff recommended me to play at another senior center in Aventura.
1. Battle Hymn of the Republic by Julia Ward Howe
2. Rhapsodie Mignonne by Carl Kolling
3. The Cascades by Scott Joplin
4. Hungarian Dance No. 7 by Johannes Brahms
5. March de Rachozy by Franz List
6. Sunrise, Sunset by Jerry Bock
I performed at the Awe in Autism Expo, Monday, The Els Center of Excellence, April 2, 2018
1. America by Samuel Francis Smith
2. Battle Hymn of the Republic by Julia Ward Howe
3. Le Petit Negro Cakewalk: Claude Debussy
4. The Cascades by Scott Joplin
5. The Horsemen Schumann
6. Hungarian Dance No. 7 by Johannes Brahms
7. Sunrise, Sunset by Jerry Bock
8. God Bless America
I performed at the Cantor Center on 04-20-2018. The Impromptu by Reinhold is the most complex piece I have played at the Cantor Center.
I joined Musee Musical in October 2018. Now I can learn in the US and in India!
03-12-2019: I learned that I passed level 2 of the Trinity College level 2 exam with distinction! While I have been playing the piano for many years, this was my first experience with a test!
01-10-2020: Choose improvisation instead of listening for level 6 exam
Trinity Level 6
Prelude in D Minor
Three Against two Ain't Fair
May 2020: Other
Thank You to Ms. Lois and Mr. Vinodh for encouraging and supporting me!