Managing Moments Together
Weekly Report 06-19-2020
We started blogging with Thortspace and Wix on May 31 2020. Now, we have a clear workflow for journaling and blogging with Thortspace and Wix.
06-19-2020: Visual Storytelling Workflow
1. Record information in Thortspace journal
2. Review the journal
3. Choose a story topic
4. Write an introductory paragraph.
5. Switch to Do mode.
6. Review the groups and thorts to check order.
7. Re-arrange groups and thorts as needed.
8. Switch to Think mode
9. List all Thorts in Browser
10. Copy and paste the thorts in Word.
11. Convert the table to text.
12. Paste the text in Wix.
13. Add details
14. Create a snip of the Thortspace screen.
15. Create a gif
16. Add the image or gif to the blog post.
17. Create a journey
18. Provide a link to the journey in the blog post.
19. Embed the journey in the blog post
20. Publish the post
21. Add link to the blog post in Managing Moments Blog sphere
22. Share the post
Glad I Did It!
06-18-2020: We are glad we created a journal for our blog project. We are including links to each blog post in the journal
06-06-2020: I am glad we decided to start our blog this month! We have been able to build on our rapid journaling practices from May 2020 to evolve our visual storytelling practices.
06-07-2020: We used the information in the blog to create a newsletter. Another use of our blog!
04-19-2020: Started practicing Thortspace a few features at a time.
05-20-2020: Started Creative Programming course with HashHackCode
06-05-2020: Journaling on the torus ring led me to refine the journal design to spotlight the message that unpredictable moments and systematic, focused action. For example, the decision to build the blog from our Thortspace journal happened suddenly. As we sustained work on our journal, there was a moment when we saw this possibility. Now,
06-06-2020: Decided to create newsletter from blog
06-07-2020: Decided to create Canva posters for blog
06-07-2020: Created a poster on journaling habits
2. SMART goals
Write a blog post daily in June 2020.
If the blog post uses the Thortspace journal, include a Thortspace journey and image/gif.
If blog post does not include Thortspace journal, include other visuals.
3. Track Daily Activities: June 2020
4. Capacities: Connections
Visit our journey here.